Wednesday 20 October 2010

Calm before the storm...

I have good reason for today's announcements - the Comprehensive Spending Review 2010 - to be of personal concern. But I am strangely calm.

Not just because I voted for the Government we now have (although I would still prefer an exclusively Conservative one) but because I've been there before and know that today's announcement isn't a signal for the final collapse of civilization as we know it. George Osborne will not be unleashing some Atlantean tidal wave upon us thereby driving us into the sea but making reductions that will bring public spending back to the levels of 2006.

It will hurt. People will lose their jobs - you and I dear reader might be some of those people. But it will not see economic collapse, the dead unburied or starving children lining the streets.

So I am calm....

....

No comments: