The web is corrupting people's minds - and some are addicted to the Internet:
Web addicts have brain changes similar to those hooked on drugs or alcohol, preliminary research suggests.
We need the following clearly*:
- Guidelines for recommended maximum exposure to the Internet
- An age restriction preventing harm to children
- Taxes on Internet access to begin the process of denormalisation
- Public health campaigns highlighting the risk of Internet use
- Work towards a minimum price for Internet access
We must act now to save lives!
*I take this from the public health response to tsimilar problems with alcohol, tobacco and other things that affect people's brains. Something must be done!