Saturday 25 August 2012

Wink at the moon...

****

I remember sitting on the floor of my primary school watching Neil Armstrong walk on the moon. In modern parlance is was, like, wow! Indeed those moments were to an eight-year old boy, a true wonder. We won't lose those memories.

Now Neil Armstrong has died his family have created the most poignant of memorials in an act we can all do to recognise his achievement - and the achievements of all those others who made it possible for him to make that great leap for mankind:

For those who may ask what they can do to honor Neil, we have a simple request. Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink." 

I know I'll be winking at the moon when I next see her.

....

No comments: