Friday 18 January 2013

Quote of the day....modern government defined

****

From Peter Saunders:

You see, I am your government, which means I care about you and I know best what is good for you. It's my job to nag you and boss you around. That's what living in a free and democratic country means: I force you to vote, then I take your money, then I use it to tell you how to live your lives. You'll thank me for it one day.

This truth is what we must fight, just as we must fight the misguided belief that all the money exists only because of government - we must try to reclaim what is ours: independence, personal responsibility and command of our own affairs.

....

1 comment:

Tomsmith said...

Why government at all? Given a state the state will grow itself into a monster. I t is fantasy to expect anything else.