From Counting Cats:
These are possibly the 5 best sentences you’ll ever read...
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
Absolutely. There is no money tree, there is no magic wand. We are richer by exchange and richer still when that exchange is free. Government is never the solution if you treasure liberty.