Via Arfur Daley on Facebook:
Fires at an historic city centre pub will have to be put out after a landlord was told it was causing pollution following a passer-by's complaint about smoke in the street.
Graham Rowson, 60, has traditionally lit three fires for customers at his real ale bar so they can keep warm over the Christmas period.
But officials at Preston City Council have now said his 115-year-old Black Horse pub is pumping out fumes - putting it in breach of smokeless zone rules.
Apparently someone (anonymously) complained and the Council leapt into action to force a chilly Christmas onto a popular pub.
It makes you want to cry - such thoughtless, uncaring intervention based on nothing more than the word of some busybody.