Thursday 15 May 2014

Quote of the Day: George R R Martin again!

****

On his use of Wordstar 4.0 to word-process his books:

"I actually like it, it does everything I want a word processing program to do and it doesn't do anything else," Martin said. "I don't want any help. I hate some of these modern systems where you type a lower case letter and it becomes a capital letter. I don't want a capital. If I wanted a capital, I would have typed a capital. I know how to work the shift key."

I think I'm mostly with him on this.

....

1 comment:

Leg-iron said...

I never liked WordStar but in pre-Windows days I was quite fond of WordPerfect.

He is right about the bells and whistles of modern things like Word. They are just distractions.

I'd rather not go back to a typewriter and Tipp-Ex though.