Thursday 29 November 2012

What the hell...one bourbon, one scotch, one beer...

****
...and sod the fussbuckets.

It has been a bonanza week for the New Puritans and lovers of state intervention. And especially for those who want to pass judgement of those of us who like the occasional binge drink. But what the hell...

But I'm sitting now at the bar,
I'm getting drunk, I'm feelin' mellow
I'm drinkin' bourbon, I'm drinkin' scotch, I'm drinkin' beer
Looked down the bar, here come the bartender
I said "Look man, come down here"
So what you want?

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer
No I ain't seen my baby since the night before last,
gotta get a drink man I'm gonna get gassed
Gonna get high man I ain't had enough,
need me a triple shot of that stuff
Gonna get drunk won't you listen right here,
I want one bourbon, one shot and one beer
One bourbon, one scotch, one beer

The incomparable - the best bar band ever - George Thoroughgood and the Destroyers:

....

No comments: